About Dr. Mountford
Dr. Evan Mountford is a true healer who cares deeply about his family. He and his wife Emily have three children. His caring nature spills over into his work where he is always wanting to help his patients surpass their health expectations.
As the 5th of 7 kids, I didn’t get much time with my dad unless I was rubbing his back, neck, feet, head or shoulders. I grew up showing my love to him through the power of touch. In high school, I developed a fascination for biology and my interest in healing a medicine depended greatly after I sustained a critical injury of 2nd and 3rd degree burns of over 70% of my body.
After having been introduced to chiropractic by a family friend and subsequently serving a mission for my church, I had a personal “ah-ha” moment in which I knew part of my mission in life was to save and heal as many as I could through the power of Chiropractic—save from suffering, decreased enjoyment of life and from unnecessary surgeries and medications that can prematurely end life. What drives me as a Chiropractor is to see lives change and watch the joy and hope return to the faces of those who were once suffering, frustrated, and losing out on so many things in life.
He graduated in the top of his class from Southern California University of Health Sciences – one of the most rigorous and prestigious chiropractic colleges in the United States. Dr. Mountford has been trained in a number of techniques and received numerous awards including:
- BS in Kinesiology
- Cox Decompression Manipulation Certified Practitioner: ideal for spinal stenosis, disc herniation, failed back surgery, scoliosis, etc
- Activator Methods Certified: A gentle, low-force tool ideal for all ages and body types
- Additional training in Nutrition and Corporate Wellness
- Extensive experience in Public Speaking including a long-term participation in Toastmasters International and frequent public presentations on various health topics
- Numerous awards including awards for clinical excellence, the George Hanes Alumni Memorial Award and other academic awards and scholarships
- Recognition among colleagues as an outstanding Doctor in Chiropractic Medicine
- Volunteer and service work in South America and Mexico
- A member of the American Chiropractic Association